Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bye, little girl.


Today, one of our family's dogs had to be put to sleep. Keesha had recently dislocated one of her back legs, and unfortunately, it wasn't able to be set properly again. Due to the seriousness of the injury, she had to be put down.

She's been in the family since she was a pup, about 13 or so years, I think. She was always friendly and had to make sure she greeted you at the door, even with a dislocated leg.


She was almost never without her steadfast companion, Eddie. Eddie is a bit younger, much bigger, and much dumber (but oh-so loveable). And she never, ever let him forget who was in charge of this duo. :-)

Originally, I think the idea was that she and Eddie would make for good hunting dogs, being Labs. I think Mom's lovin' got to them and they became a little unruly for hunting.



I don't have much more to say, other than that we'll miss her greatly. Bye, little girl.











2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your pup Rob! Our four legged friends are so special in our hearts! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sad...it is hard to lose a pet....saying that 13 years is a long life for a dog. I love all your pictures of Keesha especially the very last one. My dog does that to me too! so sorry...

    ReplyDelete