Thursday, September 3, 2009

Next time I'm in China...

This is a chess pavillion on Hua Shan Mountain. How cool would it be to play some Go there? It may go on my list of things to do before I die. :-D

Wow...



Looks safe to me...







If you go when the weather is nice, perhaps it'd be a bit safer, though they do have a lot of safety equipment installed (you can see the cables you can hook a harness on to in pictures 4 and 5). That said, there are people who trek these treacherous trails in the winter snow and ice. My wife is across the house sleeping and I can already feel her disapproval of this idea, nice weather or not...






Next time I'm in China...

Check out more info here. A cool story from a few years ago about a couple travellers who took on the mountain.

[photo credits] 1. hceis.com 2. 6m9m.com 3. blog.ningin.com 4. tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com 5. blog.hotelclub.com 6. www.outdoorsmagic.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,

    I am snooping and found this link on Catherine's blog. Awesome photos and I like the colour and mood of your blog.
    Donna Kirk

    ReplyDelete